Students Makers Workshop
Vision: To provide students with hands-on technology learning experience and enable them to learn design thinking skills for problem solving.
Audience: 10th to 12th class students & College Students
Fees: No Fees (Free Workshop)
Date & Time: 23rd February 2019, Saturday, 2pm – 5.30pm
Workshop Pre-requisites: Participants are recommended to bring laptop with the following software installed so that they can tinker with coding and interfacing sensors effectively.
Link to software: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
Schedule of Workshop:
Maker Workshop: 2 pm to 3 pm
- Introduction to Design Thinking Process for effective problem solving.
- Makers’ Nest Walkthrough.
- Intro to Digital Fabrication (3D printing & Laser Cutting).
- Intro to Electronic Components & Basic Tools.
- Introduction to basic programming skills & IoT
Maker Design Challenge: 3 pm – 5 pm
- Students will be divided into teams of 4-5 students and will be given a problem statement. They all will be provided with ‘Ideation Board’ to list down ideas and brainstorm as a team using Design Thinking Process learned during Maker Workshop.
- The students will start putting their ideas together and building stuff using the materials at Makers’ Nest. We would be around to mentor students and address any doubts.
Presentation & Closing Ceremony: 5 pm – 5.30 pm
- This is the moment for everyone to 'Show & Tell' and share their learnings.